It’s no secret that the Instant Pot is a great tool for making soups and stews when you are short on time or want a more “hands off” approach to cooking, but don’t want to sacrifice flavor. These are 24 Instant Pot soup and stew recipes from food bloggers around the world.
Heads up: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you decide to purchase any items, I may make a commission at no cost to you. I only endorse products I know and love!
If you love making soups and stews, here are a few tools that you might found helpful:
- An Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker: All of the recipes in this post use one! Many recipes also include stovetop directions if you aren’t ready to make the leap.
- An immersion blender. This helps soups get silky smooth with minimal cleanup.
- Food storage containers. These recipes make big batches — you may want to freeze some for a rainy day!
Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes
I have been making an effort to make more meatless meals in my house. These vegetarian Instant Pot recipes are hearty and filling and pack plenty of proten
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Soup with Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas: Crispy chickpeas add a salty crunch to this classic comforting soup! (Peas and Crayons)
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Coconut Soup: This soup is as healthy as it is hearty – and super easy to make! (Yay! For Food)
- Instant Pot Vegan Jackfruit with Potato Curry: Jackfruit is getting more and more popular, and is featured in this vegan curry. (Healthier Steps)
- Pressure Cooker Sweet Potato, Chickpea, and Red Lentil Soup: This thick, hearty soup packs a serious nutritional punch. (Supergolden Bakes)
- Vegan Butternut Squash Okra Gumbo with Brown Rice: A vegan gumbo is served with healthy brown rice, making it super filling and delicious. (Healthy Slow Cooking)
- Instant Pot Adzuki Bean Soup with Miso, Winter Squash, and Kale: It is tough to beat the combination of miso and ginger in this hearty winter soup. (Beyond Mere Sustanance)
- Kalay Chanay in an Instant Pot: This recipe uses black chickpeas, which have more flavor and a firmer texture than the regular chickpea – a must try! (Flour and Spice)
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup: A few chili peppers pack a lot of heat into this twist on a classic soup! (Calling to Chit Chat)
Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipes
Instant Pot Beef soups and stews are among my favorites – they often take cheaper cuts of meat and transform them into comforting, savory dishes that are perfect with a glass of wine (or two), a cozy blanket, and a favorite movie.
- African Pepper Soup: This soup uses only a few simple ingredients that pack a lot of flavor. (Recipes from a Pantry)
- Beef and Barley Soup with Pistou: Beef and barley soup gets an upgrade with the addition of pistou (which is my new favorite thing!) (Mom’s Dinner)
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew: The Instant Pot makes this warm and comforting stew a snap! Perfect for dinner on a chilly weeknight. (Carmy Run Eat Travel)
- Instant Pot Red Wine Beef Stew: Any recipe that calls for cooking with wine is a winner in my book! (Sidewalk Shoes)
- Instant Pot Taiwanese Beef Stew: Beef? Check! Lots of veggies? Check! Tons of flavor? Check! (I Heart Umami)
Instant Pot Chicken Soup Recipes
One of the first things I ever made in my Instant Pot was chicken soup… and for good reason! It is comforting, nourishing, and perfect for cooler weather.
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup with Chicken: This soup is full of earthy flavors and hearty ingredients — perfect for any chilly night at home. (Simply Happy Foodie)
- Low Carb Chicken Salsa Queso Soup: A recipe that has “queso” and “soup” in the same title is a winner in my book! (Beauty and the Foodie)Pressure Cooker Chicken Marsala Mushroom Soup: Earthy mushrooms and crispy prosciutto give this soup a great depth of flavor. (This Old Gal)
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew: A warm bowl of chicken and vegetable stew is one of my favorite things. (Curry Trail)
Dairy Free Cream of Mushroom Soup: Silky smooth and dairy free? Sign me up! (The Movement Menu)
- Instant Pot Chicken Corn Egg Drop Soup: This Instant Pot twist on a classic soup will help heal anything that ails you. (Nut Free Wok)
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup: This soup is perfect for a weeknight or a game day party! (Wholesome Yum)
- Instant Pot Moroccan-style Chicken Stew: The not-so-secret ingredient in this recipe? Harissa for a little heat! (Calling to Chit Chat)
Instant Pot Pork Soup Recipes
These Instant Pot Pork recipes are awesome. They make a little bit of meat go a long way, adding other hearty ingredients to the mix.
- Instant Pot Mung Bean Stew: Mung beans make this simple stew hearty and warming on cold nights. (Melissa Torio)
- Instant Pot Brunswick Stew: Try this staple of Southern cooking to warm you up on a chilly weeknight! (Noshtastic)
- Crispy Instant Pot Caramelized Pork Ramen: It doesn’t get much better than a comforting bowl of ramen! (Went Here 8 This)