Happy holidays! Wherever you are this weekend, I hope you’re surrounded by family, friends, and warmth. If you aren’t able to be with people you love, I’m wishing you a week of full of things that make you happy.
Things to sip:
- A Grasshopper. This was a staple at my Grandma’s house on Christmas Eve and it was the first alcoholic beverage I was allowed to have. We made them Wisconsin-style (of course) with ice cream.
- Sparkling anything. Whether it’s seltzer or sparkling wine, bubbles signal that it is time to celebrate. Try a champagne cocktail if you want to dress up your usual glass of bubbly.
- Punch! Perfect for a crowd and a great excuse to make a pretty ice cube.
Things to read or listen to or watch:
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance. The end of the year is a time for celebration, but also reflection. I enjoyed this book immensely — and it helped me think about how grit plays a role in achieving my goals.
- Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The Supreme Court’s second lady justice has a long history of standing up for women’s rights and fighting sexism. Hearing about her struggles as a woman with a career motivated me to make her proud.
- The Mash-Up Americans. I just started listening to this podcast and I LOVE it. It is such a great reflection of America’s diversity. I especially loved this episode on holiday etiquette.
- Your favorite movie. This may seem obvious, but it’s the holidays. Treat yourself to a couple hours just for you!