This is an easy chocolate bark recipe that has a little something for everyone — sweet, salty, spicy, and nutty. Perfect for a homemade gift or a treat for yourself.
Heads up: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you decide to purchase any items, I may make a commission at no cost to you. I only endorse products I know and love!
The holiday season has no shortage of sweet treats. The flavors of the holidays are delicious, but sometimes you need a break from peppermint and pumpkin spice. Enter the Chili Cashew Chocolate Bark. Not only is this easy chocolate bark recipe bit of a break from the holiday classics, it also pairs well will a glass of red wine!
Not only is this chocolate bark super easy to make, it’s also very giftable. Bring a container with you to your next holiday party, gift it for Secret Santa, or use it as a sweeter element on a cheese platter.
Even though this chocolate bark is easy to make, you might benefit from having a few things on hand. All are available in your average kitchen supply store (or, let’s be real, Amazon Prime). First, some Pyrex bowls for melting the chocolate. Then, a large sheet tray (lined with parchment!) to use as a work surface. Last, but not least, an offset spatula to evenly spread the chocolates into even layers.
Now let’s talk ingredients. This recipe uses both dark and white chocolate (which isn’t technically chocolate!) which makes this treat not tooooo sweet. The dark chocolate has cayenne pepper mixed right in, giving the layer some depth and a little heat. The white chocolate layer is topped with crushed cashews and sea salt, adding a nutty crunch. The layers make this chocolate bark ultra-pretty and perfect for gifting. I plan to bring this batch into the office!
Chili Cashew Chocolate Bark
What You’ll Need
- 8 ounces dark chocolate in chips or finely chopped (I used 70% cacao!)
- 8 ounces white chocolate in chips or finely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted cashews finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper (option
What to Do
- Prepare a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the dark chocolate on HIGH in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between each increment. This should take about 1 minute and 30 seconds total. If more time is needed, microwave for 10 second increments.
- Stir the cayenne pepper and cinnamon into the dark chocolate. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared sheet tray, and working quickly, use an offset spatula to spread into an even layer. Place the chocolate into the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until it is completely set.
- While the dark chocolate is setting, melt the white chocolate using the same method. Carefully pour over the set dark chocolate, and smooth to cover.
- Quickly sprinkle the chopped cashews over the white chocolate layer. Gently tap them into the warm chocolate – this will help them adhere! Sprinkle with sea salt and crushed red pepper (if using).
- Place the bark back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Break into shards and enjoy!
If you aren’t a fan of white chocolate, try it without! Just melt all of the chocolate in one batch.